THE STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT / THE UNIVERSITY OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK / ALBANY, NY 12234
Office of P-20 Education Policy
ICN's Forecasting the Procurement of Foods
The Institute of Child Nutrition (ICN) will present a training on Forecasting the Procurement of Foods for SFAs in New York State. This training will cover general concepts about basic forecasting for the procurement of foods in Child Nutrition Programs. This session is designed for Food Service Directors and Managers.
This training does not discuss federal regulations pertaining to the procurement system. Key topic areas include:
- Stakeholders’ responsibilities and expectations
- How menus determine goods and services that must be competitively procured
- Inventory management, product movement, and cost management
- Product categories, screening, and specifications
- CN labeling
- Accurate forecasting of products
Attendance for this training is limited, so three identical training sessions have been set up for New York State. Please only register for one date.
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022 - 12:00pm to 4:00pm - Session is full.
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022 - 12:00pm to 4:00pm - Session is full.
- Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 12:00pm to 4:00pm - Session is full.
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 12:00pm to 4:00pm - https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/7c433f38fd72433e88458f42a9ca249b
If you have any questions, please contact the Child Nutrition Training Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 10, 2022
May 11, 2022
May 12, 2022
May 17, 2022