THE STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT / THE UNIVERSITY OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK / ALBANY, NY 12234
Office of P-20 Education Policy
The Food and Nutrition Service, an agency of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), administers the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) at the federal level, while the New York State Education Department (NYSED) administers the program at the state level. Locally, it is operated by sponsors who apply for and are approved to operate the program. An overview of the program is provided in the Summer Food Service Program Summary Sheet.
Sponsors eligible to participate in SFSP are:
- Public or private nonprofit schools.
- Education Service Districts.
- Units of local, municipal, county, or state government.
- Public or private nonprofit residential summer camps.
- Public or private nonprofit colleges and universities sponsoring the Upward Bound Program.
- Private, nonprofit organizations.
- Tribal Organizations