THE STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT / THE UNIVERSITY OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK / ALBANY, NY 12234
Office for Prekindergarten through Grade 12 Education
Child Nutrition Program Administration
89 Washington Avenue, Room 375 EBA, Albany, NY 12234
Phone: (518) 473-8781 Fax: (518) 473-0018
Program Addition Application Process
- To add a Program (Breakfast, Lunch, Extended Day Snack, Afterschool Snack, Milk), request an application at email@example.com - put Program Addition Application in the subject line
- Meet all Program requirements
Program Addition Submission Deadline
- Enrollment is on-going
Program Addition Approval
- Only complete and eligible applications will be considered. Incomplete, and/or ineligible applications will be returned and not considered.
- A written notification of application approvals/denials will be mailed to your SFA.
- Meals served prior to the approval date are not eligible for reimbursement.
If you serve any non-school-aged children, please review the information at the following links for regulations, policy and guidance regarding nursery schools, child care and pre-kindergarten: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/earlylearning/ and http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/childcare/daycare_regulations.asp(link is external).
Prospective organizations that are not approved during the school year in which they apply can re-apply for the next school year. Consideration should be given to working with another experienced SFA, in good standing, and become an RA to ensure nutritious meals are provided to children that may otherwise not have access to food.
The National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program focus on improving the critical nutrition and hunger safety net for millions of children. Our goal for all Child Nutrition Programs is to increase awareness of and participation in these programs while promoting program integrity. Our intent is to provide you with any assistance that will enable you to continue to offer program benefits to the community. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (518) 473-8781.