Skip to main content


Office of P-20 Education Policy
Child Nutrition Program Administration
89 Washington Avenue, Room 375 EBA, Albany, NY 12234
Phone: (518) 473-8781 Fax: (518) 473-0018

School Food Service Directors/Managers
Child Nutrition Program Administration
Thursday, September 29, 2022
FY 2022 P-EBT Local Level Administrative Cost Grant

The United States Department of Agriculture has provided funds to reimburse School Food Authorities (SFA) for administrative costs incurred to support P-EBT during the federal fiscal year (FY) 2022. These funds are made available under Section 4601 of the Continuing Appropriations Act, 2021 and Other Extensions Act.

SFA Eligibility

All SFAs, with P-EBT eligible students, that were active in the 2021-22 school year and are currently participating in Child Nutrition Programs are eligible to receive the FY 2022 P-EBT Local Level Administrative Cost Grant.  

Amount of Reimbursement

SFAs are awarded funds based on the number of P-EBT eligible students for each Recipient Agency (RA). The New York State Education Department has calculated the allocated funding for all eligible SFAs based on the number of National School Lunch Program free and reduced-price eligible children as reported on the February 2020 claim for reimbursement. 

SFA funding amounts are based on the following:

Number of Free and Reduced-Price Eligible Children by RA

Funding Amount per RA

1,000 or less







The list of eligible SFAs and their corresponding funding amount can be found here:

How to Receive the Payments

All payments have been automatically distributed through the Child Nutrition Management System (CNMS) in the same manner as all Child Nutrition reimbursement. SFAs can log into CNMS to verify the payment amount and status by following the steps below:

  1. Log into CNMS
  2. On the blue task bar select Claims and then choose Payment
  3. Select P-EBT Grant under the Program Name dropdown
  4. Click Find

The payment amount will be displayed on the screen as well as the status of the payment. There are no additional steps needed by SFAs.

Payment Usage

Funds can be used to reimburse allowable P-EBT activities including, but not limited to:

  • reporting student-level or school level learning models
  • fielding questions from parents and the community
  • collecting and processing applications solely for the purpose of P-EBT.

These funds are not required to be placed in a SFA’s nonprofit school food service account. However, any funds placed in the nonprofit school food service account are governed by 7 CFR 210 regulations, which define how funds in that account may be used. P-EBT Administrative funds are recorded under the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) number 10.649.

Please contact your Child Nutrition Program representative with any questions about the FY 2022 P-EBT Local Level Administrative Cost Grant Awards.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Click here for Nondiscrimination Statement translations.