Skip to main content

Start planning early!  Allow yourself enough time to complete the verification process by the required deadline.

Verification efforts are not required for:

  • Residential childcare institutions (RCCIs), with the exception of RCCIs with day students, where eligible students must complete an application
  • Schools in which all students are served without a separate charge for food services and the school claims only paid reimbursement
  • Schools that do not have any free or reduced-price eligible students
  • Schools participating in the Special Milk Program, even if they offer free milk
  • Schools in non-base years of Provision 2. They must, however, conduct the Direct Certification Matching Process (DCMP) and report SNAP and Medicaid Direct Certification eligibility annually.
  • Schools operating in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). They must, however, conduct DCMP and report SNAP and Medicaid Direct Certification eligibility annually.
  • New SFAs who begin participation in a Child Nutrition Program after October 1 do not need to complete the verification process in their first year of operation only.
Last updated
September 23, 2022

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Click here for Nondiscrimination Statement translations.