Start planning early! Allow yourself enough time to complete the verification process by the required deadline.
Verification efforts are not required for:
- Residential childcare institutions (RCCIs), with the exception of RCCIs with day students, where eligible students must complete an application
- Schools in which all students are served without a separate charge for food services and the school claims only paid reimbursement
- Schools that do not have any free or reduced-price eligible students
- Schools participating in the Special Milk Program, even if they offer free milk
- Schools in non-base years of Provision 2. They must, however, conduct the Direct Certification Matching Process (DCMP) and report SNAP and Medicaid Direct Certification eligibility annually.
- Schools operating in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). They must, however, conduct DCMP and report SNAP and Medicaid Direct Certification eligibility annually.
- New SFAs who begin participation in a Child Nutrition Program after October 1 do not need to complete the verification process in their first year of operation only.